Could this be MacKenzie’s Poltergeist telling me to say away?!?
The vaults themselves are a series of chambers that lay underneath the South Bridge, completed in 1788, in Edinburgh and for around 30 years the vaults were used to house taverns, cobblers and other tradesmen. The vaults also have a darker side though and were reportedly used to store the bodies of notorious grave robbers turned serial killers Burke and Hare.
Fairly quickly conditions in the vaults deteriorated, due to damp and poor air quality, and the businesses left. They were then more commonly used for slum housing, petty crime and prostitution. In 1835 the vaults were purged of their inhabitants, filled in, and forgotten.
They were rediscovered less than 20 years ago by a drunken student, living adjacent to the vaults, who knocked a hole in his wall – in turn accidentally unveiling the hidden vaults.
The vaults have been investigated by countless paranormal groups and a number of TV shows including Most Haunted and Ghost Adventures. In 2009 the “King Of The Jungle,” Joe Swash, decided to spend the night alone in the vaults – he lasted four hours. The most interesting aspect of his stay was the capture, unknown to him at the time, of what appears to be 20 minutes of audio of an unseen Catholic priest reciting the ‘Last Rites!’
Going through my pictures of the vaults. I found a second photo with a shadow figure. Was it following us? It was always in the back corners of the rooms.
Interesting event happened during investigation at Mentryville. A mysterious hand print appeared on the Flir. During a ECHOVOX session. Jen pictured here sensed something touch her during the session. I pointed the FLIR camera at her and noticed a cold spot on the floor next to her. I asked Jerry Renyolds who was stranding next to her, “is there water next to her?” Jerry saw a hand print. Nobody had noticed the hand print prior to that moment. Marcus, Jen and I tried to replicate the hand print several times but, each time Jen’s hand print registered with heat in red on the Flir and was not the same size. I had Jen hold a cold water bottle and would still register with heat. The hand print didn’t start to fade till several hours later.
Cold Springs Canyon Arch Bridge (Suicide Bridge).
The highest arch bridge in the U.S. state of California, the Cold Spring Canyon bridge crosses a tree-filled ravine north of Santa Barbara. Two large steel box beam ribs support a 2-lane roadway 400 feet (122 meters) high. Controversy arose over how to deal with a suicide rate of one person per year since the bridge opened in 1963 with as many as 5 people a year recently. In 2012 a barrier was installed to block any jumpers though the new fence also blocks what was once a beautiful view of the valley and surrounding mountain.
Since the suicide barrier installation was completed in March of 2012. Two people have scaled the 9′ 7″ barrier to jump to their death. 56 people to date have committed suicide from this bridge.
The Cold Springs Canyon Arch Bridge is just a couple hundred yards up the street from the haunted Cold Springs Tavern.
Here is a list the the Cold Springs Canyon Arch Bridge victums.
1. Homemaker, 29, Carpinteria, White Female, 5/5/1964
2. Homemaker, 38, Goleta, White Female, 4/14/1967
3. Realtor, 58, Goleta, White Male, 5/1/1967
4. Customer rep, 31, Santa Barbara, White Female, 5/30/1968
5. Secretary, 29, Santa Barbara, White Female 2/16/1969
6. Trucker, 48, Windsor, CA, White Male 4/13/1969
7. Pharmacist, 51, Santa Barbara, White Male, 6/23/1971
8. Secretary, 41, Santa Barbara, White Female, 2/8/1974
9. Bank Teller, 52, Santa Barbara, White Female, 5/25/1974
10. Dental Hygenist, 60, Santa Barbara, White Female, 3/15/1977
11. Shipping Clerk, 45, Santa Barbara, White Male, 8/1/1977
12. Technician, 41, Montecito, White Male, 9/9/1982
13. Farmer, 24, Goleta, White Male, 10/23/1982
14. Student, 20, Goleta, White Male, 12/5/1982
15. Student, 22, Pomona, CA, White Male, 5/12/1984
16. Farmer, 27, Arroyo Grande, Asian Male, 9/23/1984
17. Machinist, 26, Goleta, White Male, 9/2/1986
18. Homemaker, 39, Santa Barbara, White Female, 8/27/1990
19. Technician, 28, Goleta, White Male, 11/30/1992
20. Auto Mechanic, 41, Santa Barbara, White Male, 5/14/1993
21. Professor, 51, Santa Barbara, White Male, 10/29/1993
22. Forest Service, 22, Los Olivos, White Male, 12/9/1993
23. Restaurant worker, 19, Buellton, Black Male, 6/16/1994
24. Computer Programmer, 31, Santa Maria, White Male, 10/12/1994
25. Salesman, 71, Santa Barbara, White Male, 11/5/1995
26. Attorney, 66, Santa Ynez, White Male, 3/12/1997
27. Psychologist, 60, Santa Barbara, White Male, 3/17/1997
28. Farm Owner, 63, Goleta, White Male, 3/27/1997
29. Attorney, 32, Solvang, White Male, 8/23/1997
30. Teacher, 26, Santa Ynez, White Female, 7/8/1998
31. Water Conditioner, 32, Solvang, White Male, 8/28/1998
33. Consulting Engineer, 74, Santa Maria, White Male, 9/12/2000
33. Graphic Designer, 46, Santa Barbara, White Male, 3/16/2001
34. Construction worker, 35, Lake Forest, CA, White Male, 12/11/2001
35. Graphic Designer, 40, Los Osos, White Male, 12/31/2002
36. Program Director, 56, Santa Barbara, White Female, 4/21/2004
37. Carpenter, 37, Santa Barbara, White Male, 12/8/2004
38. Student, 20, Ojai, White Male, 12/30/2004
39. Disabled, 35, Los Angeles, White Male, 4/5/2005
40. Student, 18, Santa Barbara, White Male, 7/15/2005
41. Surgeon, 60, Santa Barbara, White Male, 2/17/2008 0715
42. Laborer, 44, Buellton, Hispanic Male, 8/18/2008
43. Teacher, 39, San Luis Obispo, White Male, 9/8/2008
44. Construction worker, 56, Santa Barbara, White Male, 11/6/2008
45. Jan 5, 2009 39-year-old Ventura man
46. April 4, 2009 45-year-old Santa Barbara woman
47. June 3, 2009 39-year-old Santa Barbara man
48. Sept. 30, 2009 28-year-old Santa Barbara man
49. October 8, 2009 59-year-old Santa Paula woman used two canes and a footstool to get over the edge.
50. October 13, 2009 26-year-old Santa Barbara man
51. October 27, 2009 58-year-old man from Toluca Lake, Ca.
54. Feb 19, 2011 34-year-old from Santa Barbara man
55. Peter Stefan Roycewicz 30-year- old from Santa Monica man
56. Gilbert Hererra from Santa Barbara man
Very Haunted Point Pinos Lighthouse where Emily Fish became keeper in 1893. Her apparition wanders the second floor rooms, moving objects and leaving behind the scent of perfume and a swishing noise reminiscent of the long skirts of the day. You can feel the late lighthouse keepers presents in her bedroom. The apparition of her teenage daughter who died there of tuberculosis in 1900 has been also been seen in the lighthouse.
Point Sur Lighthouse: This picturesque lighthouse is located off of State Route 1 19 miles south of Carmel. It has been in continuous operation since 1889. It is considered one of the 10 most haunted lighthouses in the U.S. The point Sur Lighthouse was featured on Ghost Adventures. When we were walking up to the lighthouse we heard a disembodied voice of a man screaming for help coming from the cliff below. We looked down and no one was there. This is what a lot of people have experienced at this location.
Many visitors and others believe that the lighthouse and surrounding buildings have a history of paranormal activity. Allegedly, visitors and workers have seen moving shadows, heard voices and unexplained sounds, and seen the figures of two little girls standing on the lighthouse catwalk (who purportedly were daughters of Hezekiah Pittee, Superintendent of Lighthouse Construction, during the 1870s; the girls drowned in an accident during the building of the tower). Other reports are of a woman seen on the lighthouse stairway or walking in the yard outside the buildings, and the figure of a man who roams the basement, or the unexplained smell of cigar smoke. The male figure is said to possibly be Civil War hero and former lighthouse keeper William A. Harn.